Who we are and how to contact us
- This Website is a site operated by AJ Morris Consultancy Ltd T/A The Art Buyer (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 0107501, and have our registered office at Rae House, Dane Street, Bishop’s Stortford, HERTS CM23 3BT. Our VAT No is 240 9245 20.
- To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What these terms apply to
- By using this Website, you accept these Terms and Conditions (including the and Cookies Policy) and agree to comply with them. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use and access the Website will automatically terminate.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any goods purchased from our site.
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities. While any such changes will not be retrospective, you are advised to check these Terms and Conditions from time to time for updates.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
How you may use material on our Website
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable, or for any delay in or failure to perform our obligations caused by events outside our reasonable control. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products, including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you and supplied with reasonable skill and care under section 2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects (or purports to affect) your statutory rights as a consumer.
Terms of Supply
- Goods may only be bought through this Website by customers aged 18 and over.
- Goods ordered via the Website can only be sent to addresses within UK. For orders or enquiries from Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland or outside these territories, please contact us first.
- Images of goods on the Website are not to scale. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights and measurements indicated on our website include some tolerance so must be taken as approximate. The images of the products on our Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Certain goods available for purchase via the Website can also be examined by special request or at events, please contact us to enquire: email@example.com .
- Prices and specifications of goods are correct at the time of uploading information to the Website (except in cases of obvious error). All prices on the Website are expressed in sterling and include applicable VAT.
Acceptance and Delivery
- When you place an order for Goods via our Website, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that your order has been received. Please note that acknowledgment of your order does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to confirm acceptance (which will usually be at the same time as we confirm dispatch of the goods), at which point a contract will come into existence. We will not accept any order until full payment has been received by [us/third-party service provider e.g. Stripe/Paypal].
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product, for example.
- Delivery of goods will normally be made by specialist courier or Royal Mail special delivery requiring a signature on delivery. Please allow at least 3 working days from acceptance of your order for delivery (or at least 5 working days for delivery to Republic of Ireland). The cost of delivery will be as displayed to you on the Website.
- If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know, and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract, and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you wish to cancel an order before we have formally accepted it, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery, or if you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and repay you the price paid, excluding costs of delivery and any other reasonable deductions.
- The goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you (or a carrier organised by you) collect it from us.
- Subject to clause 33 below, you may change your mind for any reason up to 14 days after delivery of the goods, and receive a refund, providing the goods are undamaged and in their original packaging. In the event that the goods have been damaged or are not in their original packaging, we reserve the right to re-charge to you the price of the goods and all reasonable charges and expenses incurred.
- We are not able to offer returns on commissioned or customised works as the artwork will have been made to your specific requirements.
- You must notify us within 14 days of receipt of your intent to return the goods, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Return must be to the address specified by us upon your request to return, and by agreed courier or Royal Mail special delivery requiring a signature on delivery. You are responsible for paying all costs of return (including adequate insurance cover), unless the products are faulty or misdescribed. The goods must be returned within 21 days of delivery.
- A refund will be issued no later than 14 calendar days from the date of receipt of the goods by us, using the same method you used to make payment (subject to clause 32 above).
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any contract made under these Terms and Conditions, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any such contract, or any of its rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction, except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.