New Job vacancy: Saturday Gallery Assistant, The Art Buyer Gallery & Consultancy
Days: Saturdays and the option for extra ad hoc cover in holidays
The Art Buyer launched online in 2020 and currently has four strands:
- Gallery & Consultancy at 16A High Street Thames Ditton
- Online art gallery theartbuyer.co.uk
- Art consultancy
- Art Exhibitions (gallery hosted) & Art Fairs
The Art Buyer believes that amazing, affordable, original contemporary art should be accessible to all. We also believe in giving back and donate a percentage of our profits to charity all your round, we call it ‘Art With Heart’.
The Art Buyer is looking for a mature, friendly, outgoing and highly organised Gallery Assistant to cover the gallery on Saturdays. This opportunity is perfect for a mature art student or creative individual looking for a customer-facing part-time creative role. You’ll be an art lover, tech savvy, enthusiastic and love speaking to people. Alongside working in the gallery, you’ll have the opportunity to gain additional experience: updating works of art on websites and supporting the day to day logistics of the business. This is a key-holding role, so maturity and reliability are crucial.
We’re a young growing business, so flexibility and the willingness to get involved is embraced.
- Every Saturday 9am – 2/3pm
- Additional ad hoc hours may be available in school holidays (NB. we close from Christmas to New Year)
- There may be additional opportunities to help at shows and art fairs, if desired
NB. Please note Saturdays are a key ongoing requirement. Only apply if you can work every Saturday.
Overview of role:
- Working in the gallery welcoming customers and providing knowledgeable information on our art and artists
- Uploading website content and maintaining relevant websites
- Day to day running of the gallery: tidying, hanging & labelling works
- Packaging artworks for delivery as required
With the opportunity to take on extra responsibility, such as:
- Supporting ongoing web and marketing projects
- Supporting content creation for web, print & social media (occasional)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with customer facing roles
- Be a mature and confident communicator
- Have held previous positions of responsibility (this is a ‘sole charge’ key holder position)
- Have a current understanding of and passion for contemporary art
- Have experience in website management (WordPress/Woo Commerce/CMS)
- Have experience managing social media (Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest)
- Have experience using Excel/Google sheets
- It would be a huge asset to the business if you have graphic design skills. A working knowledge of Photoshop/Adobe Suite will benefit your application.
- Creative skills including photography would also be an asset.
This position would ideally suit someone who is self-employed or freelance.
Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter please clearly state relevant experience and what it is about the opportunity that interests you.
Posted 10th January 2024