Types of Information Collected
When you visit the Site, The Art Buyer may collect certain types of information from you:
The types of browsing information we may collect include, but are not limited to (collectively, “Browsing Information”):
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- browser language;
- browser type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit);
- number of clicks;
- hypertext transfer protocol headers;
- application client and server banners; and
- operating system data.
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. When you visit the Site, however, we may obtain non-individualized, generic information (i.e. browsing Information) about you. Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Site and collect and record certain browsing Information about each visitor. The browsing Information includes only generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
How We Collect Information
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Inquiries that you make about our company or its goods and services.
- Purchases that you make of our goods and services.
- Promotions that we operate through our Site or social media outlets.
We may collect Browsing Information about you from the following sources:
How We Use Information
We may use information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about our goods and services.
- To complete transactions.
- To conduct research about your opinion of current goods and services or of potential new goods and services that may be offered.
- To respond to inquiries from you.
We do not provide personal information to third parties.
When We Share Information
We may disclose Personal Information to:
- Respond to legal requirements or requests.
- Protect the rights, property and safety of The Art Buyer and others. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, or you to legal liability. In such event, we will disclose only information that we believe to be relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry.
- Prevent, investigate and identify persons or organizations potentially involved in activity that appears to us to be illegal or we believe may expose us to legal liability.
- In situations that we believe to be emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety or any person or property if we believe that the information in any way relates to that threat.
We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third party or for any actions of any third party that receives information as described in this paragraph.
Reviewing and Updating Information
You may always contact us and ask us to review the Personal Information, if any, we have collected about you through the Site. You may also request that we correct or update that information. To review, correct or update information, please send an email to email@example.com
Security And Retention Of Information
We use technical and administrative security measures to help reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, and information access authorization controls.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, and enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements.
While we have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard information using reasonable standards, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and we cannot fully guarantee its security.
Information From Children
We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or guardian. Specifically, the Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). You affirm that you are over the age of 13 and will abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
If at any time you wish to opt out of our mailing list or contact us to update your preferences, or you no longer wish to receive communications from The Art Buyer please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights under the in respect of your personal data held by us:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
- to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the relevant data protection legislation and regulations or consult the ICO for details)
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
0303 123 1113
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email email@example.com
Privacy Outside The Site
The Site may contain links to other websites, including links to websites of third party service providers. The Art Buyer is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites.