Job vacancy: Gallery Assistant, The Art Buyer Gallery & Consultancy
Saturdays, Holidays and Ad Hoc additional hours
The Art Buyer launched online in 2020 and currently has four strands:
- Gallery & Consultancy at 16A High Street Thames Ditton
- Online art gallery theartbuyer.co.uk
- Art consultancy
- Art Exhibitions (gallery hosted) & Art Fairs
The Art Buyer is driven by the belief that amazing, affordable, original contemporary art should be accessible to all. We also believe in giving back and donate a percentage of our profits to charity all your round, we call it ‘Art With Heart’.
The Art Buyer is looking for a friendly, outgoing and highly organised Gallery Assistant/s to create a vibrant team. This opportunity is perfect for a candidate looking for a customer-facing part-time flexible creative role. You will be an art lover, tech savvy, enthusiastic and love speaking to people. Alongside working in the gallery, you’ll be updating works of art on websites and supporting the day to day logistics of the business.
We’re a young growing business, so flexibility and the willingness to get involved is embraced. Finding the person/people who are a good cultural fit, at this stage in our journey, is our goal.
Working pattern example:
- Saturday 9am – 3pm
- Fridays 10am – 3pm (2-3 Fridays out of 4)
- Additional hours in school holidays (NB we close from Christmas to New Year) to cover hours across Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Opportunity to help at shows and art fairs
While there is plenty of flexibility, Saturdays are a key ongoing requirement.
Overview of role:
- Working in the gallery welcoming customers and providing knowledgeable information on our art and artists
- Uploading website content and maintaining relevant websites
- Day to day running of the gallery (tidying, hanging & labelling works)
- Packaging artworks for delivery
- Supporting ongoing web and marketing projects
- Supporting content creation for web, print & social media (occasional)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with customer facing roles
- Have experience in website management (WordPress/Woo Commerce/CMS)
- Have experience managing social media (Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest)
- Have experience using excel/google sheets
- Have a current understanding of and passion for contemporary art
- It would be a huge asset to the business if you have graphic design skills. A working knowledge of Photoshop/Adobe Suite will benefit your application.
- Creative skills including photography would also be an asset.
Salary £10 per hour (subject to review at 6 months)
This position would ideally suit someone who is self-employed or freelance.
Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter please clearly state relevant experience and what it is about the opportunity that interests you.